Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as its compiler. It creates native Win32 executable, either console or GUI. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin. Dev C++ is a free open source compiler for programming language C and C++. Dev C++ compiler is ideal for Windows vista and Windows 7 users. Also its quite easy to use. Lets see how to install Dev C++ on windows 7.
Steps: How to Install Dev C++ on Windows 7
1. First you have to download the Dev C++ on your Windows 7.
2. Go to the above link and you can see there different options of packages available under Download.
3. Under package Dev-C++ 5.0 beta 9.2 (126.96.36.199) (9.0 MB) with Mingw/GCC 3.4.2 Click on the the link “ Download from SourceForge”.This package will download .exe file for Windows that can be used to install on Windows 7.Other packages are meant for Linux user, you don’t require to download them.
4.You will directed to Sourceforge website and your download will start automatically.Click on save button to save.By default it is saved in “ Downloads” folder.
5. After the download completes , go to the saved .exe file and click on it to Run.
6. Installer will ask you a language to select.Select “English” and click on “OK”.
7.Then licence agreement will appear.Click on “I agree” to proceed further.
8. Next you can see different components of Dev C++ that will be installed with this package.Just click on “ next” button.
9. Now, you choose the directory location where you want to install Dev C++.By default destination folder is in C drive. You are free to change this destination folder to anywhere you want but make sure you have enough memory.Click on “ Install ” button.
10. This will first extract all the associated files and will start installing.
11. After the extraction completes, it will ask you that “do you want to install this for all users on this computer”.Just click on “yes” so that every user can use it.If you don’t want any other Windows user to use this then click on “ No”.
12. Now, Dev C++ is installed successfully on your Windows 7.Select “ Run Dev C++” to run it now and click on “ Finish” button.
13. That’s it ! Now You are ready on Windows 7 to compile your C or C++ programs with Dev C++ compiler.
We hope you all have enjoyed the tutorial to install Dev C++ on your PC. If you have any queries, ask us in form of comments.