Turbo C was an Integrated Development Environment and compiler for the C programming language from Borland. It was first introduced in 1987 and was noted for its integrated development environment, small size, extremely fast compile speed and comprehensive manuals. Lets learn how to install turbo C compiler in windows
In May 1990, Borland replaced Turbo C with Turbo C++.
Here we going to talk about Turbo C++ 3.0 version. it is best of all version and widely used by students.
Turbo C++ 3.0 was released in 1991. Initially released as an MS-DOS compiler, 3.0 supported C++ templates, Borland’s inline assembler, and generation of MS-DOS mode.
How to install turbo c compiler
1. First you need to download the compiler.
Download Here : Turbo C Compiler
2. After finished download unzip the turbo c to folder & open the folder.
Note: For the time of installation the folder should be present anywhere in Drive C.. like desktop, documents, downloads..
3. Run install.exe and press ENTER to continue.
4.Enter the SOURCE drive to use: C drive
5. Enter the SOURCE Path: source path is where you extracted the turbo c.zip file we don’t need to give the source it will find and take automatically. You just press ENTER at this step.
6. Then scroll down by arrow key and Start Installation.
Now you have successfully installed turbo c compiler.
Now to open the turbo c compiler
go to Drive C > TC > Bin > TC .exe
You can have shortcut on desktop so that no need to follow long path to open TC.
Just open TC folder in drive C select TC.exe and right click on it, Click on send to> Desktop (create shortcut).
Enjoy you have successfully setup the Turbo C compiler on Windows. Let us know if you are facing any problems in installing turbo C compiler.