In our previous class, we have learnt about History of C programming Language and few information about Dennis Ritche. Today we will extend our tutorial to C Language basics like feature of C Language, Why C? Applications of C language, basics of compilers, difference between compilers and interpretators, How to execute a simle C program, basic idea about low level and high level languages and last but not least how to write comments in C programming Language. So friends lets begin our today’s C programming Class with features and advantages of C Language. lets start our Learn C programming campaign class 2.
Features of C Programming Language :
C Programming is widely used in Computer Technology, We can say that C Programming is inspiration for development of other languages. We can use C Programming for different purposes. Below are some of the Features of C Programming language
1 . Modular Programming
- Modular programming is a software design technique that increases the extent to which software is composed of separate parts, called modules
- C Program Consist of Different Modules that are integrated together to form complete program
2 . Extensively used in Embedded System(Low Level Features):
- C Programming provides low level features that are generally provided by the Lower level languages. C is Closely Related to Lower level Language such as “Assembly Language“.
- It is easier to write assembly language codes in C programming.
3 . Portability(In comparision with old languages that came before C Language) :
- C Programs are portable i.e they can be run on any Compiler with Little or no Modification
- Compiler and Preprocessor make it Possible for C Program to run it on Different PC
4 . Powerfull and Robust
- Provides Wide verity of ‘Data Types‘
- Provides Wide verity of ‘Functions’
- Provides useful Control & Loop Control Statements
5 . Bitwise Manipulation
- C Programs can be manipulated using bits. We can perform different operations at bit level. We can manage memry representation at bit level. [Eg. We can use Structure to manage Memory at Bit Level]
- It provides wide verity of bit manipulation Operators. We have bitwise operators to manage Data at bit level.
6 . High Level Features :
- It is more User friendly as compare to Previous languages. Previous languages such as BCPL,Pascal and other programming languages never provide such great features to manage data.
- Previous languages have there pros and cons but C Programming collected all useful features of previous languages thus C become more effective language.
7 . Efficient Use of Memory Locations
- Pointers has direct access to memory.
- C Supports efficient use of pointer .
Applications Of C Programming
C Programming is best known programming language. C Programming is near to machine as well as human so it is called as Middle level Programming Language. C Programming can be used to do verity of tasks such as networking related,OS related.
Application of C Programming are listed below :
- C language is used for creating computer applications
- Used in writing Embedded softwares(almost all
- Firmware for various electronics, industrial and communications products which use micro-controllers.
- It is also used in developing verification software, test code, simulators etc. for various applications and hardware products.
- For Creating Compiles of different Languages which can take input from other language and convert it into lower level machine dependent language.
- C is used to implement different Operating System Operations.
- For your surprise, UNIX kernel is completely developed in C Language.
That’s all for today, we will continue C basics class tomorrow, so wait till that time. If you have any queries or doubts please ask in form of comments. Have Happy C programming Learning. Have Fun!