C codechamp has again begun the free C programming Language classes for students who wish to learn C language at fast pace. Last time we started the same but that time we wont have the proper setup. This time C codechamp has came up with special points format that will make C Programming quite easy to understand. We have made notes of important points which are easy to remember. Frankly speaking, you wont need any other manual if you follow us. We have divided our C programming Classes into 16 chapters and all chapters contains sub topics.
So without wasting a single minute let’s start our C Programming class. Lets learn C programming Language from basics. Today we will discuss the History of C Programming Language.
Learn C programming | History of C programming Language
- C is a programming language which born at “AT & T’s Bell Laboratories” of USA in 1972.
- It was written by Dennis Ritchie.
- This language was created for a specific purpose : to design the UNIX operating system (which is used on many computers).
- From the beginning, C was intended to be useful to allow busy programmers to get things done because C is such a powerful, dominant and supple language, its use quickly spread beyond Bell Labs. in the late 70’s
- Many of its principles and ideas were taken from the earlier language B.
- Ken Thompson was the developer of B Language.
- BCPL and CPL are the earlier ancestors of B Language
- CPL is common Programming Language.In 1967, BCPL Language ( Basic CPL ) was created as a scaled down version of CPL
- As many of the features were derived from “B” Language that’s why it was named as “C”.
- After 7-8 years C++ came into existence .
Programming Languages and their inventors or organizations responsible for their invention:
Father of C Programming Language: Dennis Ritchie
|Born On||September 9 1941|
|Born in||Bronxville – New York|
|Full Name||Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie|
|Graduate From||Harvard University|
|Graduate In||Physics and Applied Mathematics|
|Dead On||October 12 2011|
We know Mr Dennis only by C Language but very less people in computer world know that he was also the creator of Unix operating System. We cannot ignore the work of Mr Dennis, all we can do is just SALUTE him for his work that he has done for us and society.